Select from EU28 plus Norway and Switzerland
Selection of city type
- Small city (<100 000 inhabitants)
- Small city (<100 000 inhabitants) with large historical core - A town with a significant portion of its core area characterised by ancient buildings and streets which, for their historical value, cannot be significantly altered by infrastructural interventions.
- Medium city (100 000 - 500 000 inhabitants)
- Large city (over 500,000 inhabitants) in monocentric form - “Monocentric form” means that most of the main economic and administrative functions are located within one urban core which is the main traffic attractor from the whole city.
- Large city (over 500,000 inhabitants) in polycentric form - “Polycentric form” means that the main economic and administrative functions are distributed in different urban poles.
Selection of whether the industrial sector is relevant for the city economy or not.
The industrial sector is defined as relevant if the share of employees in the city working in manufacturing, construction and public utilities (electricity, gas, and water) is higher than 30%.